Nov 23, 2008

Naldurg Fort

Riding between Bijapur and Bidar (I think some where after Solapur), Gulli and I stopped by to talk to these local kids. They were walking back home after school. Our conversation was ragged with broken Marathi and Hindi.
In the background is the formidable Naldurg fort. Even though we passed by its entrance we did not venture inside. I regret my decision to skip it. Hoping to visit this fort some time in the future.
That's my Hero Honda Splendor. Great bike it was. We got 70+ kilometers per litre of petrol riding mostly between 50 to 60 kmph and occasionally touching 80 kmph. Splendor was smooth, effortless and efficient through out our 14 day trip around Karnataka covering 2500km.
.........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In late 1990's and early 2000's Hero Honda splendor motorbike was considered as symbol of status in rural India.The fuel efficiency of splendor motorcycle was good, a plus point for rural people then.

siddeshwar said...

Though a successful product, initial growth of Splendor was slow. To my knowledge Splendor sales shot up post 1998. Absolutely reliable and fuel efficient motorcycle it was.