Feb 5, 2009

Ramagundam to Byadgi

With the experiment not successful, Praveen and me decided to leave Ramagundam. We took an early morning bus to Hyderabad, 300+ kilometers journey.. We reached Hyderabad afternoon. We alighted and almost immediately boarded a bus to Kurnool, 250+ kms to go. The bus reached Kurnool by 5pm. We went to Mourya Inn where our Maruti Omni was parked.

We had to attend a service call at APMC Byadgi so we would be going there instead of Bangalore. Our route would be Bellary, Sandur, Harihar and Byadgi. We planned to go upto Bellary and break our journey. It was dusk when we started our second part of the journey. As we reached Bellary, I said we'll go upto Hospet, just 40kms more. It was 9-30 or 10pm when we touched Sandur.

At Sandur we stopped for food. While waiting for our food, I asked Praveen "How about going till Ranebennur?" No objections. He's always been a great company while driving, he always stayed alert and helped me stay alert as well.

We resumed out journey, deserted roads through one of the major mining belts of Karnataka. The roads were not so good, may be that helped me keep awake. Praveen and I had good understanding when it came to driving. He's was a good navigator and I could trust his judgement, he rarely made mistakes. We stopped for tea at a small town, I think Harpanahalli. We reached Harihar by 2-30am. Now, we had to cover a short stretch on NH4, just 22km. We reached Ranebennur at 3AM. There was no point in going to Byadgi at that hour because we wouldn't get a lodge.

We had traveled 850km in 21 hours in three legs and two different modes of transportation.

Even though I was exhausted I had a bath and then went to bed. We woke up at 10 next morning and went on to APMC Byadgi.
.........

No comments: