Sep 8, 2011

Around the World in 80 Days

I read this fascinating story when in school. I dreamed of such journeys filled with action and adventure. Sometime early 80s the story was telecast on Doordarshan. It was in a series of 30 minute cartoon shows once a week... can't remember how many weeks. I would sit glued to our black & white TV set. I cannot recall the scenes I saw on the screen but the show left a lasting impression in my teenage mind.




The story is available in different versions by different authors with varying levels of details. This particular book by Jules Verne is for children. I could read it in about one and quarter hour.

Do read it if you can get your hands on this book. If not, you can still get the gist of the story on Wikipedia: Around the World in Eighty Days.

.........

No comments: