Ever since I saw the first Baobab at Savanur, I've been researching Baobab trees across India and found some 27 in all. Of those 27, two are at Bijapur - one tree is located next to Hazart Hander Shah Ali Hussain Dargah near Ibrahim Roza and another tree at a mosque in Yogapur locality.
July 2; we were on our way from Hyderabad to Dharwad, we'd planned to touch few historical spots en route.. Bijjanahalli, Sedam, Chittapur and Ferozabad. We arrived at Bijapur around 8-45 PM.
July 3, 2016
We started our tour of Bijapur by 8-AM. First was Ibrahim Rouza. We inquired about the Baobab tree. Not many people were aware of the ancient tree. But then the ticket collector said the tree dried up and collapsed few months ago and nothing was left of it now. The tree was located near a well and we could see the spot. The approach road was dug up hence the spot was not reachable easily. I trusted the TC's words and dropped the idea of visiting the spot. A caretaker suggested us to visit Yogapur instead.
We reached Yogapur by noon, locating the Dargah wasn't a problem. Happy to be looking at the tree. Compared to trees of Savanur and Golconda, this tree was slightly smaller but had a lovely shape.. like a mushroom.
Pushpa standing next to the tree trunk..
Branches spread out equally in all directions.
This lovely Gumbaz is the tomb of three Sayed Shah Imamuddin Quadri, Hazrath Sayed Shah Abdul Gafoor Quadri Shaheed Peeran and Sayeda Bibi Amatal Haleem.
- Hilltop Nightclub, Vagator, Goa
- Cabo Raj Bhavan, Dona Paula, Goa
- Quepem, Goa
- Bamboo Motels, Goa
- near Ibrahim Roza, Bijapur, Karnataka (may have dried out)
- Dodda Hunashe Matha, Savanur, Karnataka
- Attapur, Hyderabad
- Purana Qilla, Golconda Fort, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Vansthalipuram, Hyderabad, Telangana
- near Chappel Road, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Ranganath temple at Nanakramguda Hyderabad, Telangana
- Uppal in Chengicherla Reserve Forests, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Shivalaya on Balachandruni Guttalu, Nalagonda, Telangana
- Nellore, Andhrapradesh
- Theosophist Society Gardens, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- The American College campus, Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- Chinmaya Vidyalaya's campus at Ilanthope, Rajapalayam, Tamil Nadu
- Mangaliawas near Ajmer, Rajasthan
- Vadodara, Gujarat
- Dayapur, Gujarat
- Kutch, Gujarat
- Bhanagar, Gujarat
- Baroda, Gujarat
- near Gujarat College / Victoria Garden / Sukharamnagar, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Mulund, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Byculla zoo, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Outside the Vasai fort, Maharashtra
- Tilak road and Ghole road, Pune, Maharastra
- near Aurangabad, Maharashtra
- Mandavgad or Mandu, Madhya Pradesh
- near Sangam, left bank of the Ganga, Prayag, Uttar Pradesh
- Sanjay Gandhi Biological Park, Bihar